I feel like people probably think I’m crazy with all these weird dessert combos I make. But I promise these chickpea blondies are too die for. You technically don’t even have to cook these if you’re in the mood for raw cookie dough. Grab some pretzels or a spoon and go crazy!
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup of a nut butter of your choice ( I used a mix of almond & peanut)
- 1/3 cup of a sticky sweetener (maple syrup, honey or agave)
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- chocolate chips/chunks of your choice.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Here’s the best part of this recipe! Throw all your ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) into a food processor and blend baby blend.
- I spaced it out a bit because I have a very small food processor. First the chickpeas, than the nut butter, the sweetener and the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold in your chocolate chunks (I never give a measurement on chocolate chips because everyone has a different preference). I used about half a chocolate bar to mix into the batter and saved the rest to sprinkle on top.
- Spread your batter evenly into your pan. Sprinkle on the rest of your chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25minutes (be sure to keep an eye on them though, you don’t want them to dry out)
*You might think they look under cooked, but you want them to be a little doughy. I took them out and let them cool completely before cutting them.
**Place into an air tight container and store in the fridge.
***I HIGHLY recommend heating them up when you go to eat one. 15 seconds in the microwave and you have an amazingly warm, chocolatey, doughy blondie.
You won’t be disappointed and if you are you probably messed up…