Cold weather got you down? In need of a quick pick me up? This white bean, kale, and Al Fresco chicken sausage soup is the perfect remedy. Soups are my favorite during the winter time.
This soup came together so quickly with the help of al fresco chicken sausage. The sausage is already pre-cooked so really all you have to do is warm it up. Or brown it up for a little extra UMPH if you know what I mean.
The best part about al fresco chicken sausage is that they come in a variety of flavors. For the soup I used their roasted red pepper and asiago. However, I know the sweet Italian would’ve worked just as well.
White Bean, Kale, & Al Fresco Chicken Sausage Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 packaged of Al Fresco Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 3 (14.5oz) cans of low sodium broth (chicken or veggie)
- 1 cup of water
- 6 oz of kale
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 (14.5oz) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper
- Top with parmesan or asiago cheese
- In a pot over medium-high heat sauté your chicken sausages until brown. Remove them once brown and add in your onions and garlic. Sauté those for about a minute.
- Add in your celery and carrots. Cook those for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your broth, water, parsley, rosemary, oregano, and season with salt & pepper. Bring to a boil and allow to gently boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add kale and allow to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Return the cooked chicken sausages to the pot along with your beans.
- Serve with parmesan or asiago cheese.