As you may know, I love making protein balls! I’m continuously recipe testing to make these the best they can be. And I’m constantly trying to come up with new flavors for you guys. I always want them to be packed with superfoods & of course protein.
Protein balls are my favorite go-to snack. They are so flavorful, as well as healthy. Not to mention they are super easy to make. I want to get the recipe perfect, but right now these will do.
I think they need some work, but you guys be the judge of that. They are super dense, but in a good way I promise!
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (any nut butter)
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup ground flax (flax seeds work too if you have them)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or a chocolate drizzle)
- 1/3 cup honey (or any sticky sweetener)
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 heaping tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop protein of your choice (I used vanilla flavored)
- Here’s the best part (if you have a food processor) throw all your ingredients in there and make it happen!
- If not I would suggest mixing together all your wet ingredients first, then adding everything else in. Also, try chopping the dried cranberries before adding them to the mixture. This will make it easier to roll them.
- Roll them into balls and place them in the fridge or freezer whatever you prefer
- They will stay good in your fridge for over a week & in the freezer for a long time!
**if you decide to use the protein and the mixture seems to dry feel free to add a little more peanut butter or honey to make it more moist.
**Don’t hesitate to add in any extra superfoods (i.e., hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs)