My favorite thing about protein balls is that you can literally make them any way you want. There are so many different options now for making protein balls. I’ve seen some for lemon poppy-seed, almond joy, and so much more.
As always I was craving something chocolatey so I went with it and just kind of threw everything into my food processor.
And as always they came out amazing I call them my double chocolate protein balls.
Double Chocolate Protein Balls
- 1 scoop protein of your choice (I used a vanilla whey protein)
- 1/2 cup of oats (which ever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds (You don’t need them, but they add a nice crunch and texture)
- 1/4 cup of craisins
- 1 tablespoon of soft coconut oil (don’t melt it because it makes them too oily)
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Couple of pieces of dark chocolate
- splash of almond milk
- Put all of your “dry ingredients” into the food processor (oats, raw almonds, chia seeds, craisins, and dates.) Make sure everything is all ground up.
- Add in your wet ingredients.
- Check the texture as well as consistency. Sometimes they come out too oily or too dry. Alter where you see fit.
- Roll into balls. I like to make them in a couple of different sizes, because sometimes you just want something small and other times you’re HANGRY. Before placing them in the freezer roll them into coconut flakes, cinnamon, or cacao powder. This is optional, but I totally recommend it.
- Place them in the freezer and grab one when you need to feed your sweet tooth!
Give me a shout out if you try these babies out. They are seriously an awesome snack to have in your freezer. There is no guilt and you get some healthy fats, protein, and fiber!