I know I’ve said this before, but I think these might be my best muffins yet. These Triple Chocolate Avocado muffins are to die for. They are so moist and rich. I’m thinking about making some chocolate frosting for them for the Superbowl game tonight, just because.
I highly recommend trying them. They are also extremely easy to make and I know they will be a crowd pleaser.
Triple Chocolate Avocado Muffins
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 medium avocado (about 1/2 -2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond or chocolate cashew milk
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Grease your muffin pan.
- In a small bowl mix together your dry ingredients (coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt.) Whisk until there are no clumps and set it aside.
- In a large bowl or food processor add all your wet ingredients except for the milk (avocado, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.) Mix until they are all evenly combined.
- Gently fold your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Gradually add in your milk until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour your batter into the muffin tin (should make about 12 muffins in total)
- Bake the muffins for about 18-22 minutes. I checked mine at 15minutes because my oven runs very hot. I also decided to add some extra chocolate chips on top then let them sit in the oven for another 2 minutes before taking them out. Be sure to check the middle of the muffins with a toothpick.
**I recommend greasing your pan rather than using liners because sometimes the muffin will get stuck to the liners.
**You can store the muffins in a container for up to 5 days in your fridge.
These avocado muffins are especially delicious if you warm them up for about 15 seconds, add some almond butter, and cinnamon. Absolutely amazing I promise.