As you may know, I love making protein balls! I’m continuously recipe testing to make these the best they can be. And I’m constantly trying to come up with new flavors for you guys. I always want them to be packed with superfoods & of […]
Tag: healthy snacks
Cranberry Lemon Bliss Balls has a nice ring to it, right? I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again I love making “balls.” You can pack so many awesome nutrients into one little dessert or snack. These specific ones aren’t really protein based, but they easily could be.
I love the combination of flavors between lemon and cranberry, so much zest! If I could have a cranberry lemon muffin right now I totally would. But these ball bites, were so good I can’t even complain.
Cranberry Lemon Bliss Balls
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, soft
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries (roughly chopped)
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients (agave/maple syrup, lemon juice, coconut oil, and vanilla extract). Make sure it’s smooth.
- Add in your remaining ingredients, mix until a dough forms. Put the dough into the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm.
- Roll dough into 12 ball bites! Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
**I completely forgot to chop up my cranberries and they turned out just fine. But I’m sure they would be better if it was chopped.
***Also, I recommend adding in a scoop of protein to make them energy balls. I’m going to give it a try next time and I’ll let you know how they turn out.
My favorite thing about protein balls is that you can literally make them any way you want. There are so many different options now for making protein balls. I’ve seen some for lemon poppy-seed, almond joy, and so much more. As always I was craving […]
My future mother-in-law is an absolute gem. She’s the reason these peanut butter oat balls were possible. I mean I’m sure I could’ve made them without the food processor that she bought me, but it made all the difference. I’ve been wanting a food processor […]
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are definitely a keeper. I’ve been on a muffin kick the last couple of weeks because I bought a muffin tray. They are the perfect sweet to have after dinner or even as your breakfast is you so desire. Whenever you choose to eat one they are absolutely delicious.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (to ensure that it’s paleo make sure they are dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line your muffin pan. This batter will either make 24 mini-muffins or 12 regular sized muffins.
- In a medium bowl, combine all your ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Mix until it is completely combined then fold in your chocolate chips.,
- Fill your muffin pan with the batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the center of the muffin is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Just like any other muffin I like to heat these up and throw a bit of butter on them. Give them a try and let me know what you think.