Super easy and delicious dinner coming at ya! Asparagus sweet potato chicken skillet…sounds boring right?
Thomas said, “it tastes like chicken pot pie”. Not sure where he got that, but it was frickin’ yummy so I won’t argue with him. Somehow this simple combo of ingredients makes a delectable dinner or lunch.
This asparagus sweet potato chicken skillet takes all of 30 minutes to make. It’s high in protein, low in fat, and just all around amazing.
Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet:
- 1 lb. of boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and ground fresh black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1/2 lb of fresh asparagus, cut
- 1/2 lb of fresh green beans (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet/pan over medium to high heat, add olive oil, garlic and chicken.
- Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Be sure to stir occasionally. Set the chicken aside.
- In the same pan, add sweet potatoes and chicken broth or water.
- Cook the sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes or until they are soft.
- Add asparagus and green beans and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
It’s that easy friends. And what’s even better is if there are leftovers it makes the perfect lunch. I’m currently eating it for my lunch as I write this blog. Thomas and I will most likely be having it for dinner tonight as well. When it’s this delicious you don’t really get sick of it.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.