Guys! I found a better recipe for the spelt pancakes and this one I stand by. It’s way better than the other recipe. These pancakes are a lot more fluffy and just have a better texture in general. The other ones were okay, but the batter was really sticky and they were somewhat dry in my opinion.
These spelt pancakes were absolutely amazing. I could eat them every morning because they are also extremely filling. Thomas and I only had two each and that was plenty. The batter makes about 4 to 5 pancakes.
Fluffy Spelt Pancakes:
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk/ or milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- About 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (but a little more never hurts)
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the egg, almond milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Combine the mixtures of flour and milk together.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Use a bit of coconut oil on a non-stick skillet.
- Use a large tablespoon to make a small pancake.
- Bake for a few minutes until the pancake is cooked enough to flip it over. (it should bubble a bit)
- Cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Serve with extra blueberries and bananas (if you like bananas)
Let me know if you give these beauties a try. Next time I might try them with dark chocolate chips, or strawberries. No matter what you pair them with I’m confident you will love them!