If you like turkey burgers you will love these bad boys. Or maybe you wont because you’re a plain Jane, which is totally understandable, but these burgers are delicious. They are juicy and jam packed with flavor. If you’re interested in greek food or greek ingredients you have to try them!
Greek Turkey Burgers
Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- 7 oz of plain greek yogurt
- 1 medium fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- Combine all your ingredients into a small bowl and mix together. Set in the fridge while you make the burgers.
- 1.25 lb. ground turkey
- 6 halves sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 oz. frozen spinach
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta
- Thaw the frozen spinach, be sure to squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Roughly chop the spinach and the the sun dried tomatoes.
- Chop the red onion and use about 1/4 cup for the turkey burger mixture. The rest will be used for topping (if desired).
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, red onion, garlic, oregano, egg, bread crumb, feta, salt & pepper.
- Stir it all together until it’s evenly combined. Shape the mixture into 6 patties.
These can be cooked on the grill, but we baked them. We did 15 minutes each side at 400 degrees F.
Feel free to put your burger on any type of bun. I always recommend sandwich or burger thins. They work really well and they aren’t super bulky. Top the burgers with the lemon dill yogurt sauce, cucumber slices, and extra red onion.
You won’t be disappointed, I promise. Thomas and I plan to double the recipe next time so we can have the burgers for the week. Meal prep is a live saver!