As you may know, I love making protein balls! I’m continuously recipe testing to make these the best they can be. And I’m constantly trying to come up with new flavors for you guys. I always want them to be packed with superfoods & of […]
Tag: protein balls
My favorite thing about protein balls is that you can literally make them any way you want. There are so many different options now for making protein balls. I’ve seen some for lemon poppy-seed, almond joy, and so much more. As always I was craving […]
My future mother-in-law is an absolute gem. She’s the reason these peanut butter oat balls were possible. I mean I’m sure I could’ve made them without the food processor that she bought me, but it made all the difference. I’ve been wanting a food processor for so long now, but since Thomas and I are trying to save for our wedding it wasn’t in the budget.
I’m so grateful to have her in my life. She understands my love for cooking, baking, and creating new healthy food. I really wanted to test out the food processor so I threw a bunch of ingredients in and hoped for the best. These peanut butter oat balls taste like a healthy reese’s cup. They are absolutely amazing and easy to make.
Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon of organic peanut butter
- 4 dates (remove the pits)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Throw it all into the food processor and turbo it (basically the highest speed on your food processor) for a couple of minutes.
- Like I said, I threw all of this in at first and didn’t really measure anything. If you want to double the recipe please do so. This only made about 6 balls in total. I wanted to see how well it worked and let me tell you, it was perfect.
- Put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- While they are in the freezer feel free to get your melted chocolate ready. I usually add a bit of coconut oil and almond milk into mine to make it a little creamier.
- Remove the peanut butter oat balls from the freezer and dip in chocolate, or drizzle them with chocolate. Do whatever you’d like with the chocolate then sprinkle a little bit of pink salt or sea salt.
These are the best snacks on the go. I love making different variations of these protein/energy balls.