My dad would absolutely love the name of these paleo brownies. His favorite cake of all time is the death by chocolate cake from Gregg’s Restaurant in Rhode Island. It’s ridiculously delicious, but these paleo brownies are pretty dang good too. And guess what? There’s no guilt after eating them. These ooey-gooey brownies will blow your mind. The brownies barely lasted us the week, but I don’t feel bad about it. Just like all the other paleo desserts I make, these poor things never stand a chance.
Cassie and I found this recipe on pinterest. I never was a pinterest person, but I’ve found some amazing recipes lately that I can’t wait to try.
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or coconut water
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 355 degrees F. Next grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Place everything into a blender except for the baking soda. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the baking soda and spread the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the knife comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the dish.
**Don’t skip step 5, it is super important that you let the brownies cool before taking them out of the tin. They are super fudgy so they will probably just fall apart if you don’t let them cool first.
Top them off with some sea salt (that’s what we did). Or whatever you fancy. Coconut flakes or powdered sugar would be great, but then again they will be just as good without anything.