Remember when I said I was on a muffin kick? Well it’s still going on. These Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are super rich. You guys need to try them! There has been an endless supply of muffins in our apartment for the last couple of weeks. It’s basically a Christmas miracle. I’ve never considered myself a baker, but now I bake at least 2 times a week. I actually love it, I find it to be extremely therapeutic. Plus I love having these healthy treats around the apartment. Now we don’t need to grab something high in sugar to fix our sweet tooth.
Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 2 medium super ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (I cut up a dairy free/sugar free dark chocolate bar into chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your muffin tin with liners, or grease them. I’ve been having a hard time with my liners because the end up taking half the muffin off. I decided to grease my muffin tin this time with some coconut oil and it was 100% better.
- In a large bowl, mash up the bananas until they are basically pureed. Add in your honey and vanilla. Stir well.
- Next you add your eggs and the coconut oil. Stir until everything is combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Stir just until combined and then fold in your chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin. (Should make 12 muffins)
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate if you’d like.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a knife comes out clean!
- Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I warmed one up and added some organic peanut butter and it was absolutely delicious. They are super decadent, you won’t be disappointed.