This soup came together so quickly with the help of al fresco chicken sausage. The sausage is already pre-cooked so really all you have to do is warm it up. Or brown it up for a little extra UMPH if you know what I mean.
The best part about al fresco chicken sausage is that they come in a variety of flavors. For the soup I used their roasted red pepper and asiago. However, I know the sweet Italian would’ve worked just as well.
White Bean, Kale, & Al Fresco Chicken Sausage Soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 packaged of Al Fresco Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 3 (14.5oz) cans of low sodium broth (chicken or veggie)
- 1 cup of water
- 6 oz of kale
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 (14.5oz) cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper
- Top with parmesan or asiago cheese
- In a pot over medium-high heat sauté your chicken sausages until brown. Remove them once brown and add in your onions and garlic. Sauté those for about a minute.
- Add in your celery and carrots. Cook those for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your broth, water, parsley, rosemary, oregano, and season with salt & pepper. Bring to a boil and allow to gently boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add kale and allow to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Return the cooked chicken sausages to the pot along with your beans.
- Serve with parmesan or asiago cheese.